Thursday, June 28, 2018

Almost ready for him to show up

I had a mother's necklace made after Evania was born, and wore it almost every day until Gloria came along and it wasn't complete anymore. After Bobbi and Mira came home I intended to try to add the correct birthstones onto my existing necklace, but it took me long enough to get around to it that before it happened, we learned about number ten showing up this summer, so I figured it was time to start fresh.
My official due date for this baby is July 14th, but I've never put much stock into due dates. I've run the whole range from Rinnah (tied for my biggest at 9 pounds) who came two days before her due date, to Evania (tied for my smallest at 7 pounds, 10 ounces) who arrived a full thirteen days past hers, with most of them coming on the later side. Regardless, I figured with a July 14th due date, if you count the 38-42 week window within which 90% of babies come on their own if left to their own devices, that I was safe ordering a new necklace with a July birthstone at the end. So, since January, I've been wearing this almost every day (with my wedding ring lately because it just doesn't go on and off my finger nicely anymore!) and if this BIG boy can make it until Sunday, I should be good to go. ;)

(Gloria happened to come on her actual due date, which I think I've heard only 4% of babies do. But she's always been that kind of baby - her first word was "yes", she's so far been my smiliest baby and by FAR my easiest 2-year-old. Just last week we had a friend of my parents' stay with us to help out, and I decided (among other things) that it was the week to potty train, and so we pulled out the underpants and the potty chair, and by the end of the week, I'd say we were 95% of the way there. This week has continued to be amazing (with one really funny story I may add to this post later if I get another moment), and I think we're well on our way to top out with four max in diapers at any given time!)

This is not only a celebration of no more diapers photo, but also a tiny bathroom peek. See the cords going out the window behind Gloria? That window will become the doorway into the new bathroom (it will get wider), and the bathroom Gloria's in will become a sink hallway. Right now, the window is also Matt' point of access when he needs to get into the inside of the bathroom to work on it. (Not that he's gotten any work done in the past week!) But mostly, we're so excited not only at how well Gloria's transitioned to underpants, but also that she's already decided she prefers the big toilet to the little training potty chair!

1 comment:

  1. Him?!?!?! I didn't know you knew!! I will tell Gwen, she'll be so excited. Just this morning I was telling her this weekend we had to go birthday present shopping for Krassi, Rinnah, and Reuben (apologies to the first two, we're disorganised as usual), and also for her new baby cousin -- and she was so excited. Now it'll be even more fun.

    ReplyDelete