But we ARE making progress.
In an effort to get the carpet squares down, Matt decided the most effective way to move the piles of painted wood was to build the shelves they were intended for. In the blue corner is the access to the well pump up high near the ceiling. Because one of our number one design rules is make every decision intentional, and make things look like you meant for them to look that way, instead of just having a soffit at the ceiling with an access panel, we instead built a bump that goes all the way to the floor and holds a built-in bookshelf. The upper shelf will be removable so if we ever do need to get in and service the pump, a few screws will take care of it. At all the other times, it's just a great place for Owen to put something on display.
Once we get all the carpet laid in the bedroom, we can move the boys' bunk bed into the room. That will get Krassimir into his bedroom, and Owen could choose to sleep on the top bunk until we get the base cut for his bed platform.
I'm starting to get itchy for starting the bathroom remodel/addition that's on the agenda for this summer. Someday we've got to get to the end of the major home projects, but it doesn't seem like that's coming any time soon! We know that our garage is slowly sinking, and will eventually need to be torn down and replaced...but one step at a time. This summer a basement bedroom and a handicap accessible entrance and bathroom will be sufficient, I believe!!
I got down and took some photos of the carpet earlier today:
|Just a few bits around the perimeter that still need to be installed.|
|A closer shot of the finished shelf and the hole it will fill. These two are backed with leftover cherry flooring from Grandma's upstairs room in the west addition.|
|The window is trimmed out, but the window sill still needs to be installed.|
|Oh look - a cute baby sitting on the carpet! 😛|