Thursday, August 8, 2013

bullet points, 1/2

I'm WAY behind on updating on the house. I think that's partly because the news on Krassi over the last week has been much more significant, but also because we've been working so much on the house that there haven't been a lot of minutes left to post. Matt and I are both trying to get our work-work done (we're both self employed, with three small businesses between the two of us) as well as get house work done. And do dishes and laundry sometimes, too. ;) But tonight Matt and Owen are out picking stuff up from Menards, and Reuben is having a hard time settling down to sleep, so at times like that it works best to have someone close to his video monitor on the computer, which means I might as well share a bit of what's been going on!

- first of all, here is a slightly better picture of the proof that the addition really is attached to the main house.

- Reuben's favorite thing to do with the new addition is bang rocks on it. He's thankfully learned from us that he can't bang on the pink insulation, but only on the wood.
tap tap tap
tap tap tap tap

- My parents came up for an extended visit to get some work done last week. Apparently I was too busy working to take many photos.
Here's my mom sanding the piece of wood that will be inlaid in the main level concrete floor. (See photos at the bottom of this post)

This is the closest I have to a picture of my dad - three beautifully installed can light housings! (He and Matt got a good start on the electrical in the basement - definitely enough to give Matt some confidence to move forward alone.)

Rinnah was helping Grandma sweep off the dust.

And Reuben appears to have fallen asleep, so I'd better head downstairs and do some of my work-work! This post gets us updated through noon on August 3rd. There are five more days worth of progress that I will try to get to soon!

Well, I suppose to be fully updated to noon on the 3rd, we need a photo of Reuben with his birthday cake. ;)
Little man had four seizures before his party - more than he had in the whole month of July. You never know. So he wasn't that enthused about the party, with the exception of the hot dogs!

The cake was BLUE! He picked out the mix, which is a big deal for a guy who usually doesn't much care.

No comments:

Post a Comment