Friday, October 23, 2015

Two years followup

Here's the photo of Krassi with Daddy right before bed on the second anniversary of his arrival HOME.
I always love that boy's smile. ;)

There have been a few nights this week when Matt's been gone at bedtime, so I've taken over what's become his nightly routine with Krassimir. How indescribably precious to cradle this boy in my arms, and sing him his bedtime song ("Jesus Loves Me" modified slightly: Jesus loves you, this I know for the Bible tells me so...Krassi is weak, but Jesus is strong) and while I'm singing, our noses just inches away from each other, he's smiling the whole time, his eyes are not necessarily locked on mine, but they're not trying desperately to hide, and his hand is not trying anything to push me away or to come in between him and me.

Especially this week, getting to do this a few times, and remembering all the events of two years ago, it is such a joy to not have him fall apart sobbing before this short routine is done.

And, even better, once I'm done singing, I ask him if he's ready, and he starts giggling - he knows what comes next! I hold him over his bed and pillow, count, "One, two, three!" and *drop* him down onto the bed. Uncontrollable laughter! One more snuggle and a kiss, and he's good for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment