Sunday, November 6, 2016

2:30 Time

One of the things the kids like best about our new 2:30 Time is when it involves a snack. Today Daddy was gone (which is unusual), so just the five oldest and I gathered together for a few minutes. Owen offered to share his candy corn, which we all enjoyed, but the BEST part was that Krassi enjoyed his, too! He ate the whole first piece (in three little bites that I brought to his molars with the same, "One, two, three, open!" that we and his therapist use when prompting him to try solid foods), and actually asked (by signing) for more!!!

That boy and food.

If I'm ever tempted to forget what his life was like in the routine every-day-ness of what his and our life is now, together, there is a regular reminder three times a day when we eat that there is something just not right with the picture.

I wish I didn't have to be so excited about a 12 year old enjoying a piece of candy corn! But I am, and I'm glad that he is. Who knows...maybe someday he could learn to enjoy this necessary part of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment