Saturday, August 31, 2013

Here comes the rain

Severe thunderstorm warnings tonight.

I don't think I've ever been as aware of every rain over the course of a summer as I have been this summer! Matt climbed up quickly to tack the tar paper down in a few spots where it's blown up a bit, and he made an attempt at quickly re-grading and throwing a tarp down over recently added (not packed) soil to see if that makes any difference with our one sticky water issue spot. We moved a few sheets of 4'x10' siding panels that were up on sawhorses down to the ground so they don't get blown over and cracked, and are feeling pretty ready.

We had lovely weather today, and Matt got a lot done on the house that he is able to do by himself. A blanket of pink foam insulation is going around this entire house before the siding does, and it's light enough that Matt can do it on his own.
on the north-east side

on the front (south and south-east)
He's working hard to get this done because...on Monday (well, Sunday night so we can have all day Monday), my cousin and his wife are coming down from Duluth to give us a full day's work!! Yay! There's a lot that Matt can't physically do very well on his own, and I can't be reliably able to help for a variety of reasons (kids and various facets of their care being the primary one!) So this is super exciting to get a jump on siding, or prepping for siding, or upper level radiant tubing - who knows what will get done, but a whole lot more than just Matt on his own!

And we also had time this afternoon to take our two younger ones to the Children's Museum since Owen and Leah got to go down for the weekend with Grandma when she went home. (A friend from their church is coming up near our house on Monday and will give them a ride home). I'm sharing this with you simply because that little Rinnah can be so stinkin' cute!
Rinnah showing off her self-painted face.

And this is probably just as good a place and time as any to fill you in on why I don't get to be the one up on the roof!

Without any gap in between, God has chosen to give us another baby! Within weeks of losing the baby that was such a surprise back in June, we found out I was pregnant again. We're still kind of boggled by it, but also excited. And overwhelmed. And really excited! All together, all at once. Once again (still????) it's a wonderful thing to know that I'm not the one who has to be in charge. ;)

And I feel sick. I normally feel kind of queasy for the first trimester, but as long as I keep nibbling on something all day long I'm okay. Not with this baby. I feel queasy and nothing sounds good to eat - I often leave the room when others are eating! Chocolate usually works, if its the right kind, but even *I* can't stomach the thought of eating enough chocolate to keep the nausea at bay!

Who knows - maybe it's twins! ;) A friend of ours (who is, by the way, a huge encouragement to us, and super excited about Krassi AND both the first baby that we lost, and now this one) jokingly suggested that it might be time to change the name of the blog! But "No Vacancy" just doesn't have the same ring to it, though, so I think we'll stick with what we've got. Regardless, this change in "our" plans means we've got room for LOTS more of the grace that God has in store for us as he walks us step by step through all of this.

God is good. All the time. Even if that rainstorm comes. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Presumably what you need is good European chocolate. I'll see what I can do.

    ReplyDelete