Monday, September 9, 2013

I'm not in Bulgaria today.

Today was the day that we were initially set to pick Krassi up from his orphanage, never for him to return.

But I'm very much still here in Minnesota, and for what it's worth, grateful that I didn't have to spend the weekend on airplanes. Everything still smells funny to this pregnant mama, and food is still hard to work with. Tonight I managed to serve my family (which includes my very gracious mother in law at supper time) mashed potatoes and a little bit of beef round steak that I prepared by...cooking it. And I think I threw a little pepper on it or something while holding my breath through the kitchen one time. Oh yes, and a salad made by dumping a bag of pre-washed lettuce into a bowl and topping that with cherry tomatoes that Leah picked for me from our garden. Matt wisely added a loaf of bread and peanut butter to the table, and everyone went to bed fed.

BUT....

...so far as we know on this end of time, five weeks from today I will be holding my son in my arms again!!

2 comments:

  1. Can you imagine eating airline food feeling like this?

    On second thought, you'd better not try.

    5 weeks is a drop in the well when you have the rest of a lifetime before you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 more weeks!!!!! HOW exciting! Praying for your heart and your stomach!

    ReplyDelete