Tuesday, August 29, 2017

An English joke

Have I shared about Bobbi's habit of giving superhero names to the important people in her life? Daddy is Superman; Grandpa is Batman. And she's got a great sense of humor in it. Her doctor and his nurse both have movie names (Jackie Chan and Liam Neeson). The best part about that? Her doctor is, yes, a short Asian man...but with mild cerebral palsy.

Well, tonight as I helped her with her bath (because we have not progressed any further whatsoever on the bigger bathroom), she was showing me a small bruise on her leg. She knows the English word for "bruise" and then paused, and told me her bruise had a name: Bruce Willis.

I love it that she is making jokes in English!

3 comments:

  1. I'm new to your blog and am enjoying the story of your family. You have a quick-witted girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new to your blog and am enjoying the story of your family. You have a quick-witted girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember watching Gwen develop the power of puns. It's awesome!

    Tell Bobbi that over on the other side of the planet, she has Doctor Logic and her side-kick Power Girl in her family.

    ReplyDelete