Saturday, September 22, 2018

wrestling with the orange snakes

We had a great boost on the bathroom this week with my parents coming up for a few days. Of the three full working days, one of those was shot with medical appointments, but the other two my Dad and Matt spent the entire day working and working and working. Some jobs just require two sets of hands, and, equally often, two brains. Since my hands and my brain are only ever available in time segments measured in minutes, for Matt to have my dad able to stick with him all day long was a tremendous benefit.

Soooo.....the end result is that all of the drain lines are run AND all of the tubing for the in-floor heat is run, not only for the bathroom, but also under Bobbi's bedroom - she's in the second coldest bedroom in the house - and we're hoping this will help her stay a little warmer in there this winter!

Our friend Chad "fondly" remembers wresting with these tubes when he helped Matt get our system laid out for the large addition before Krassi came home.
Under Bobbi's room
Also in the existing house - quite a puzzle getting it all threaded through everything else that's up in those joists!
In the crawl space under the new bathroom
And, because I don't think I've ever posted a photo of the view from here, this is how we access the new crawl space. Do you like the built-in "step stool" (aka "toilet") that we use to get in? It works.

In addition, they were able to get the supply line for the radiant heat tubes hooked up to the existing system in the mechanical room of the 2013 addition. This was particularly significant to me because I remember vividly the many nights of thinking that Matt and I put into getting the first system working. Having Dad be the brains on the other end of Matt's meant that one solid day of work (and five trips to Menards) was all it took to get it hooked up! We're not running yet, but I *think* the idea is that once we do turn on the boiler, we'll be set to go!

Overall, a very productive three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment