Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Funny boys

[Krassi, thinking to himself] I can totally get over this thing.
 See? I'm almost there.
Thankfully, this is as far as he got. Without the higher edge of that desk to pull with his arms, he still can't quite get up to standing unassisted. Yet.

 [Reuben, thinking to himself] Man, I am SUCH the helper in this kitchen. I don't know what Mom would do without me!!
 [Mom, thinking to herself] Umm. Thanks, Reuben. How am I supposed to get all of those out of there? Summer squash and onion infused toasted bagels, anyone?
 [Mom, out loud] "No, Reuben, the squash and onions go into the pot. The pot, Reuben. Not the toaster. NO!! Not in the sink, either! They go in the pot. Yes. Thank you, Reuben."
 And last, but not least, look at my funny boy who all winter long would do anything to pull off his covers, so I'd have to go in after he was asleep to cover him up so he'd stay warm enough in the night. On this cooler summer night when I checked on him, he'd pulled a blanket on all by himself! And not just any blanket, but a quilt hand-sewn just for him by his mommy. ;) Bet he never did that in all those years in the orphanage!

No comments:

Post a Comment