Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Looks who's so tall!

Look who's sitting up so big and tall! Corners are great for this big boy because he gets just enough support at his shoulders that he can sit just a little straighter and taller than he can otherwise.
Don't you love how he totally hams for the camera? That's a skill he's sure learned since coming home. ;) Unlike some of our other kids, he's got a great camera smile!

It's not as nice as a video within the blog, but since I don't know how to edit videos to make them shorter, this one is too long to upload to blogger, so I'll have to give you the video in another format. [Click here for the link, if you're interested.] In some ways it seems kind of silly to be posting a video of my son sitting, but I want to show him off a little - he's SO much stronger! But more importantly, look at the way he engages with me, both my silly prattle, but also looking directly at me. This is a skill he did not have when we first met him, and we've worked hard and long at it, and it's neat to see some real marked progress, particularly in his ability to hold the gaze, and hold it with a smile. I'm so proud of my boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment