Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Still in the midst of it (now with a few photos)

Music is such a significant part of my life (listening to music, not making it.) Because of this I am deliberate about the music I choose to surround myself with. This song has been very meaningful to me over the last few months, and as it came around again in the van's CD changer tonight, the words were particularly relevant.

I've had questions without answers
I've known sorrow, I have known pain.
But there's one thing that I cling to
You are faithful, Jesus you're true.

When hope is lost, I'll call you Savior
When pain surrounds, I'll call you Healer
When silence falls, you'll be the Song within my heart

And I will praise you,
I will praise you,
When the tears fall, still I will sing to you.
I will praise you,
I will praise you,
Through the suffering, Jesus, I'll sing

After I posted last night about Reuben, he had about a two hour break, followed by seizures every 30-45 minutes for the rest of the night until he woke for the day around 4:45am and restlessly lay near me or Matt in our bed until 6:15 when he got hit by another tonic/clonic seizure. He was knocked out for about 30 minutes (sometimes this is his response after a seizure - the brain just seems to shut down entirely while it reboots), and then was very agitated, wanting to sleep, but unable to do so until 8:30 when he had another seizure during our breakfast. After recovering from the effects of that one, he had one more at 10:15 and then was apparently good for the day.

Until supper time, when he had another one. And then one about an hour after going to bed. He's been up and down since then, but no seizures.

We'll see what the night brings. This post is getting cut short because he's up again (on my lap) and we're going to try heading up to bed. Tomorrow I hope to add a few photos.

So, for those of you who pray, would you lift up our little boy, and us as well as we look to God to be our Healer and our Song.

I know this is fuzzy (and a confusing photo for anyone who doesn't know our house - back before Owen was born, Matt finished off the two bare-stud closets under the eaves of our 1.5 story cape cod house, and decided that the "tunnel" in front of the dormer was too cool to block off, so finished off this little space as well so the kids have a really cool "secret" passage from one side of the upstairs to the other. They were running/crawling laps through here when a tonic/clonic seizure hit Reuben Wednesday morning, and Leah called for us, "Reuben's having a seizure" and Matt found her up there cradling his head in her lap. So he called for me to come with the camera. ;) I much preferred seeing this to having to take a picture of a chomped off thumb or something of that nature!

Reuben expressively showing off his "boo boo" and the big bandage we rigged to keep his thrice-bitten thumb protected today!

1 comment:

  1. Andrea, I am so sorry to hear about Reuben. I am praying that God will calm the seizures and give you peace and rest in the midst of this tough time.

    ReplyDelete