Sunday, May 18, 2014

A little help from my "friends"

It's no wonder I get so much done around here (yes, that's slightly tongue-in-cheek! But also yet not entirely tongue in cheek!) - I have so many helpers! Yesterday while Evania slept, Reuben, Rinnah, Krassi and I made a trip to Home Depot to pick up some cedar to make two more raised beds for the vegetable garden, and also picked out some annuals (one of my favorite parts of having a spring birthday is getting to spend birthday money on flowers for my gardens!)

I can't tell you how many times I had people (both employees AND random people shopping!) ask if I needed help as our little train consisting of me and sometimes Reuben pushing or pulling our lumber cart with 8' long cedar lumber on it with one hand and the other helping to guide Krassi's wheelchair as Rinnah was pushing it. It's a long way from one end of the store (where the lumber is) to the other end (where the outdoor garden area is), but we made it, and managed to pick out all sorts of pretty flowers.

What kept making me laugh was the realization that I was surprised that so many people were asking if I needed a hand - I was doing fine! I had only brought half of my children with me! And I know of families who have more than I do!

And yet, at the same time, I do feel a sense of major accomplishment when I look back from the driver's seat and see this:


No comments:

Post a Comment