Saturday, May 31, 2014

Lonely socks (part two)



Rinnah: "I don't WANT to look at the camera! [Wah, wah, wah]"
Leah: "Let's all make funny faces!"
Krassi: (thinking to himself) "What is this weird green stuff anyway??"
Owen: (thinking to himself) "I'm sure the good kid here, and I love posing for the camera, anyway."
Evania: "Zzzzzzzzz"
Reuben: Oblivious, but at least sitting. And facing the right direction. Kind of.


Look! A nice, tidy pile of lonely socks! I have no idea who put these here. [Where do they all come from?]
 I really do love my "job." Although my days are filled with plenty of hairy moments when there are dirty feet and half of the little ones are crying and sassy words are being said, etc, etc, etc, at the end of the day, there are also plenty of beautiful moments that I choose to remember.

This morning the kids and I decided to attempt our annual trip to the donut shop at the end of the school year. I've never done it without dad before, nor with six children. Amazingly, the whole visit transpired without incident, and somehow we got through it looking like I had six model children. This doesn't always happen! But it did today, and it was pure pleasure.
(Although I prefer to post Krassi's smiley looks, we get these kind, sometimes, too. This particular look is part exertion and part "I'm frustrated because I can't pull that big brown thing onto the floor.")



 And these kinds of moments are pretty incredible, too. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment