Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Lonely Socks (or, "Why I really love being a mother to six children")

I've had a variation of the Beatles' Eleanor Rigby running through my head this evening. You know - "All the lonely socks, where do they all come from...where do they all belong?" Being mom to six means that I never really have to bother picking up the pile of lonely socks off the living room floor and putting them into the box where I try to keep them because likely the mate will be coming up in tomorrow morning's load...or tomorrow afternoon's!

I love watching all the different ways these little ones interact with each other. (Well, "all" might be too strong - there are plenty of interactions that I do not enjoy! - but many of the different dynamics are such a pleasure to see.)

Like this:
Rinnah watching Reuben feeding Krassi. Love the open mouth on Reuben, and the way Krassi seemed to get it that it was kind of a funny thing for Reu to feed him! And Reuben was so proud. "Nun-nun-nun-dee! [that's Krassi for those of you who don't know Reu-speak] Dew. [which is what Reu calls himself while smugly pointing to his chest]" "Yes, Reuben, you are feeding Krassi!"


Or this:
Blowing bubbles where Krassi can see.
Or this:
The girls decided to picnic for lunch, and packed it all on their own.
And although we have many hands that are not able to help, it is true that many hands make light work.
Owen is able to help mow the grass this year.

Leah and Rinnah helped plant the other window box, and Leah knows all about loosening root balls and preparing the soil.

Ha! didn't mean to upload this one, but I enjoy the mud-stomping parts of motherhood, too. ;)
Besides, if I was a mother of only five, I wouldn't get to spend my evenings snuggling this sweet bundle!

1 comment:

  1. Andrea, I absolutely LOVED catching up here just now. We have so much in common it seems like I could have written some of what you did! I'm so thankful to the Lord to see you all doing so well. God's timing is perfect, indeed.

    ReplyDelete