Friday, May 27, 2016

Little bits

We've got the I800A approval, so now it's just a collection of little bits before we actually can stick it in the mail. This morning our wonderful neighbor (who I still think of as a new friend, but we've actually known them for nearly a year now) ran down to stay with the kids so Matt and I could run quickly down to the bank to get a stack of dossier papers notarized. She probably cut our time by 2/3 because Matt and I can both buckle and unbuckle our own seat belts!!!

So, CHECK, that's done. Next bit is waiting for a re-done document from our home study agency (they're responsible for the homestudy which we've had for a while, as well as a few other single-page documents.) One of the documents they'd sent us must have been stuck in the envelope literally hot off the press because it arrived with the printing smudged. We decided it would be best to have a clean copy so as to not risk any complications down the road.

Once we've got that one back in our hands, then the whole stack of notarized documents needs to be taken to the State Department to be apostilled, and then we can stick it all in an envelope off to our primary agency!

They will combine it with some documents that they have in their possession, and send it across the ocean.

1 comment:

  1. "because Matt and I can both buckle and unbuckle our own seat belts!!!"

    It's the little things that count. We don't have nearly as many kids, or any seat belts to buckle, but it's amazing how many fewer dandelions I stop, pick, and blow when I'm out running errands myself than when I'm with Gwen.

    ReplyDelete