Saturday, February 11, 2017

Sisters

As expected, my days do not [yet, hopefully] allow me the downtime to process my thoughts in the way that I would like to be able to in this venue (or any venue at the moment, for that matter!) but I DO want to share a few sweet photos of Mira. Gloria is absolutely taken with Mira, and spends a lot of time right near her every day.





~~~

Bogomila does not particularly like me even taking photos of her, so I am respecting that by not sharing the ones that I AM taking, but I do want to brag on her just a little bit.

The setting - mid afternoon before supper time

Mom: "I think I'm going to make pizza again tonight." (For the third time this week since it's something I can make easily and quickly without much forethought, and that's about what I've got in me right now!)

Bogomila: "Nooooo!!" (though she's liked it just fine the other nights I made it)

Mom, teasing, and speaking through google translate: "Well, are you going to make supper?"

Bogomila, smiling, and replying via google translate: "No. That's women's work and I don't want to do women's work." (She chose, of the three options we gave her, Brianna, as her middle name, because it means "strong," and she reminds us of that! Apparently working in the kitchen does not go along with that in her mind.)

Mom (and google translate): "Well, then I guess we're having pizza.☺ Did you know that Daddy cooks? And Owen cooks?"

Bogomila: "Brownies?" (She's starting to get some English, and that's one of them! We've had a lot of goodies coming with the meals many generous people have been providing to us!)

Mom (in google translate): "I don't have time to make brownies. Do you want to make them? I will help you."

Bogomila: "Yes!"

So we did. I obviously had to read the recipe, and I helped her with the measuring and gathering because I know where things are, but she dumped everything into the bowl, and did all of the stirring, and scraped the bowl into the pan (doing a very thorough job on all of them!), and we had some very delicious brownies after our supper of pizza and tater tots. (Also quick and easy!)

5 comments:

  1. In that third picture down, Mira is so alert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea, Loved the story about Bogomila! Mira probably enjoys having Gloria around her. The pics are so sweet. Thank you for finding some time to update everyone. Sending love and hugs to everyone from St. Louis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Andrea, this is Brianna and Steven DeVowe, parents of 6 little blessings, and we live in Rockford, MN. We heard of your story through the Blessing of Verity blog, and we excited to find that you also live in MN! Praise God for what he is doing through your family walking by faith. Can we have your mailing address please? Our email is svenandruthie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the last photo of Mira and Gloria. So cute! And go Mila!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so patient. Just the women's work thing would irk me but you got over it in every way. Perhaps you think I'm silly to admire one of the tiniest things in your day but maybe I'm a much smaller human than most who read your wonderful, never sanctimonious blog. You sure shine a bright light, ma'am. God bless you.

    Brett Butler

    ReplyDelete