Friday, November 8, 2013

Having a bit of fun

Today we had another period after lunch where Krassi was definitely unhappy, but it didn't last too long. Today was a busy day. Chad's kids were off school, so the three of them came over for the day and I watched his two kids while he and Matt worked on house stuff that requires two adults to accomplish.

My first day responsible for seven children didn't go too badly. ;)

Krassi and I even had time to play "catch" while I was washing the dishes (I used my foot). He doesn't have a lot of control over the ball (hard when you're laying on the floor), nor does he have a lot of strength, but we were without a doubt playing the back-and-forth game that makes catch what it is.
Throw!

Work that hand around to get to the ball...and...

throw!! (laugh, laugh, laugh)

(laugh, laugh, laugh)
It's fun to be building some memories with my boy! (Check out that hair. I've gotten the back and sides, but the front still needs some work!) And maybe it's just me, and maybe it's just this particular run of photos, but isn't that boy looking good?

And, meanwhile, this week's work on the house finished up with Matt and Chad getting the control joints cut into the basement and main level concrete floors. (It's amazing how much more "finished" the concrete looks with the score lines running through it! Being the design nerds that we are, the joints are located primarily for aesthetics and spatial definition as well as function to control cracking of the slab.
VERY dusty work
After that they finished putting in a few pieces of the vapor barrier that were still needing to be done. Matt says that work on the main and upper levels is ~95% done, with the remainder being taping that he can do by himself tomorrow.

I'm also super excited about what I see when I look down the existing basement stairs!

What? You say that doesn't look like progress to you?? Well, note please that 1) we found the box of winter boots (that's the one at the bottom of the photo) in time for Wednesday's small snowfall. 2) the box behind that appears to be a bathroom exhaust fan box which means some part of that system must have been moved into the addition. 3) there's a piles of bags of diapers and chux pads that Matt brought in from the "diaper van" this morning towards the left, and most significant to me, 4) the HUGE pile of orange tubing that's been sitting around since June only has one roll in it!!! I may be able to walk through my basement yet at this rate! Even better is that by the end of the day, all of that orange tubing (for the radiant heat system) had been installed. There were four rolls in the basement slab, four in the main level slab, and today Matt and Chad put in the four that go under the upper level floor.

Bummer - was hoping you could see the control joints in this photo, but looks like I'll have to actually go out there and take a real picture. I got these from sticking the camera through the window that connects the main house to the addition. Won't be long before that window will come out and we'll just be able to walk through!

No comments:

Post a Comment