Thursday, November 14, 2013

Sitting up

There is so much I could blog about, but for the sake of time will just share a few light-hearted photos of my oldest son who I'm so proud of.

Thursday afternoons and Fridays are always good days physically for Krassi. I think after PT on Tuesday and then Thursday, he's kind of at the maximum benefit of the stretching exercises and the muscle memory of the movements she's been working on with him, and it's always fun to see what he is comfortable doing before the main effects of that wear off.

Three times today he got himself up to a sitting position on his own!! One of the first things Lori taught me was how to pick him up off the floor in a way that doesn't use his central core stomach muscles, but encourages him to use the muscles on the side which are much weaker for him, but so critical for so many things that we would like to see him eventually be able to do. So this motion is something that I help him through many times during each day just as a normal part of caring for him.

Check out my big strong boy! I'm sitting near him to catch him if he happens to lose his balance, but he was doing great!
After a bit, he let himself back down (with some help to make sure it was a smooth transition), and then within a few minutes, was back up again! Doesn't he look proud of himself? It is so much fun to be able to cheer him on. Even Reuben piped up with his characteristic, "Wooow!" (one of the few words that he can produce - he makes frequent and appropriate use of this word!)




And as a postscript, mostly for my sake, he weighed in a 31 lb 8 oz today, so less than last week Monday. I'm thinking one or the other of those measurements was off, because he sure doesn't seem to be losing weight! We can already see a visible difference in his face and even in his thighs. But his eating has certainly tapered off, and with that, so is the need to change his sheets every morning because he overflows his diaper!

1 comment:

  1. I will add my "Woooow!!!!" to Reuben's :).

    ReplyDelete