Thursday, October 18, 2018

Status report from Matt

This is lifted from an email he sent to my dad earlier today - figured it says everything I'd want to say, anyway, and saves the time of re-writing it! [I've added some commentary in brackets to fill out details.]

~~~

Mira continues to make progress. As of yesterday when Bobbi and I stopped in to see her [Bobbi had an appointment for something unrelated to her legs at Gillette], she was down to 1 L of oxygen on her nasal bi-pap and they had pulled the foley catheter and had stopped the antibiotic they had started her on last Thursday. This morning when I checked in with the nurse, they said she had been on room air since midnight last night and was holding her saturation levels. She is still on continuous bi-pap, but they were going to try giving her a break from that today and see how she handles it.

Bobbi also continues to improve.  She has not needed any tylenol for the last 36 hours. She is still taking something at bedtime to help her sleep as she tends to get anxious and tight when it gets to bed time. However, the last two nights she has slept the best she has since the operation, so I think the better rest and lack of pain means we should hopefully not get so anxious at bedtime.

Mini bathroom update. I am hoping to wrap up some electrical and plumbing and exhaust fan work this weekend so I can get my rough-in inspections next week and then get insulated. It is a pretty chilly draft coming into the house from the old bathroom! Our boiler [which heats the large addition from a few years ago], which was down for 2 weeks waiting for parts was repaired yesterday (thankfully the gas fireplace was keeping things OK over on that side of the house). However, the new loop that we installed for the radiant is air locked, so the thermostat calls for heat and the pump turns on, but it doesn't actually move any water through the system. The technician gave me some pointers and Andrea and I looked at it last night and have a solution that will just require the addition of 1 purge valve in the new piping we added. Hopefully that will be enough to get us up and running.

No comments:

Post a Comment