Thursday, October 10, 2013

Packing...

I got to start my packing earlier than anticipated (yay!!!) due to an unexpected email this afternoon from Reuben's PT saying he had both of his last two kids for the day cancel, so he was unexpectedly available around supper time if he could be of any help. We took him up on it, and he took the boys to Owen's soccer game, Matt took the girls to his mom's to help her get her supper and mow her lawn (which is why it was not a good idea for Reuben to be there - supper only would have been fine, but since he wanted to get the grass cut on this last good day before I'm gone, bringing Reuben wasn't going to work. Especially this week. Rough week for that boy.) So I got to stay home by myself for almost two hours and lay everything out on the table, gather things that were scattered all over the house, and work up a list of a few more things I want to pick up. It is SO NICE to be able to do that tomorrow instead of Saturday!

Today Chad gave Matt some time and they were able to finish the lap siding. The board and batten siding at the office and stair is still not completed, which was our very optimistic goal, but having the lap siding DONE is a great feeling. We'll take what we can get, and there's no way we would have gotten nearly this far without all the help various people have given us over the last two weeks. What a great blitz.

I'll be trying to update the blog as I can during the week we're in Bulgaria, and hope to post once more before then (hoping to have news that Krassi's got his passport!)

No comments:

Post a Comment