Sunday, June 30, 2013

Waiting for K

We're still waiting. But I looked back at dates, and our paperwork was submitted for final approval by K's country back in the first week of June, and our lawyer over there says it usually takes about a month from submission to when they file the case with the courts. That means that theoretically we could get our last signature and find out what our court date is sometime this week! And since K's country doesn't celebrate our country's Independence Day, that means that their offices shouldn't be closed down at all this week...[Andrea, stop analyzing it all out. This has nothing to do with holidays or government agencies or anything you can do, but everything to do with God orchestrating everything, even the timing, down to the day, the hour, for his amazing purposes and our good.]...and so maybe we'll hear! Suddenly this long long wait that I've been mentally preparing to be longer rather than shorter so I don't end up dreadfully disappointed, looks like it really might happen within the typical window! I'm letting myself start hoping for a travel date in mid-August instead of early September like I'd been mentally preparing myself for.

I tell my kids that saying they "can't wait" for something isn't really true. They can wait. It might be hard, but they can. Well, as much as I know from a practical side how much more complicated life will be when this boy comes home, I am really looking forward to when he gets to be home. Little man has never lived at home in his life! He was born at home (unexpectedly, because he was premature), and was taken to the hospital for medical care that day, and has been in some form of an institution ever since. As I look at his pictures, I don't care how hectic it will be here for a while as we settle in to our new life, I just want for him to be ours, and to have him home. Back when we were considering adoption, and thinking about what made sense for when, Matt and I talked about how if Owen or Leah or Reuben or Rinnah were lost, and we suddenly found where they were, we wouldn't say, "Oh, good. Now we know where she is. Well, let's make sure we get everything all ready and then we'll go get her. Let's get Reu's seizures under control (ha!) and maybe repaint her room, and you know, it would be really great if we could save up some money for a new bike for her to have when she gets here..." No! We would drop everything to go bring her home and then let the rest fall into place as it would.

This is our boy. Maybe not legally (yet), but in every way other than that he is our boy, and as soon as they'll let us, we're going to go get him, knowing that the rest won't just "fall into place" but knowing that God, who has orchestrated every detail of this life that he's setting before us has chosen just the right time for him to come home. And like I just commented on my house update post, that means we're putting ourselves fully in the hands of God to carry us through. Because we believe that he is strong and faithful and good and He Will Do It!!

No comments:

Post a Comment